NYU Owned A Noodle Factory

A little known fact: NYU used to own a macaroni business.It was NYU’s first attempt to become a global university—acquiring Italian food. The company was called Mueller Pasta Co. and was donated to the NYU School of Law in 1947 by a couple of wealthy alumni. Dean Aurthur Vanderbilt, with his ambitions set for NYU expansion, was more than happy to accept Mueller Pasta under NYU’s jurisdiction.The relationship was a success, …