Hoo boy! So NYU and its 1831 fund have produced this short video to try and get you to donate $18.31 to the University. It features students bragging about all of the cool places they’ve paid to go to and all of the cool classes they’ve paid to take and all of the money they’ve given back to the University already.
Sorry but here at NYU Local we’re in debt over our heads and we don’t have cash to throw back to the university just yet. So here are the 100 things that we’d rather spend our $18.31 on, thank you very much.
1. $18.31 buys 1/60th of a credit at NYU
2. Three 40 oz’s of bud light and a pack of gum from Fern Cliff Deli
3. Two lunch specials from Bodhi Tree Thai
4. Three months of subscription to Spotify Premium
5. Three glasses of Cereal Milk from Momofuku Milk Bar
6. Three Finney’s from Brad’s
7. One classic NYU tshirt from the NYU Bookstore.
8. A 20 bag (hopefully you have a really cool dealer who accepts dimes and debts.)
9. 18.31 slices of Two Bros pizza
10. One haircut at Astor Place
11. 1.22 replacement NYU ID cards
12. A 12 pack of bamboo rolling papers
13. Two footlong sandwich combos from Subway
14. A pair of knock-off Ray-Bans from Canal Street
15. A ticket to see some of the Oscar Nominated shorts at IFC
16. 3.96 bitcoins
17. Seven tacos from Tacos Morelos, a.k.a. the best taco truck ever
18. One night stay in Greenwich Hotel
19. Eight subway trips
20. Dinner for two at Num Pang
21. Five Tequila Sunrise Delta guppies from petsmart
22. 18 baked by melissa cupcakes.
23. A required birthday present for your niece.
24. Six Butter Lane cupcakes.
25. Three chicken/falafel over rice (with a drink!)
26. Six bottles of Three-Buck-Chuck
27. 45 Chives and Pork fried dumplings from Vanessa’s
28. 20 pounds of potatoes from Trader Joe’s
29. Two steak quesadillas w/ guacamole and a large soda at Dos Toros
30. Nine PBRs at Coyote Ugly (not including tip)
31. 183 custom NYU Local pens with free shipping from Discount Pens
32. 18 songs on itunes
33. Two Jameson and ginger ales and 1 pbr from Lucy’s with $1 tip
34. 183 gumballs
35. Nine Bic liters
36. Seven mamouns falaffel
37. One pack of american spirits and a lighter
38. 46 Bagels from Bagel Bob’s on a monday
39. A chihuahua with jalapeños, a tsunami, a spicy redneck, a sour cheese dog, and a smile, all furnished by Crif Dogs.
40. A nice new paperback plus tax and a few candies ($.35 for 3) from the Strand.
41. One adult ticket and a milkshake at the Angelika
42. One Chairman Bao, One Haus Bao, One Uncle Jesse Bao, One Birdhaus Bao, One 1 Adobe Bao, and one Lemonade, all furnished by BaoHaus
43. Three Venti mocha frappacinnos from faye’s
44. A pair of Asian-fit sunglasses from Oakley. (Exactly $18.31 on sale)
45. 1.3 drinks from le bain. (ugh)
46. One megabus ticket to Atlantic City
47. Anything at H&M
48. Brunch at La Palapa (including tip!)
49. A “natural kaleidoscope”
50. This good-smelling candle (Three wick tin or boxed scalloped version)
51. Cheese! (-60 cents)
52. 1 month of netflix (streaming + video)
53. One ticket to a beer and bourbon tasting
54. Half a dozen macaroons flown in from Paris just that morning courtesy of Laduree.
55. 366 jukebox selections at Johnny Rockets
56. Three rounds of poker at Raj’s weekly poker night (y’all are invited)
57. Four pounds of grapes at Food Emporium
58. 90 chicken nuggets from Wendy’s
59. .1831 grams of coke
60. 18 Vinyl records from the dollar bin
61. Two bouquets of flowers for that special someone, from Key Foods
62. One cab ride to campus from Gramercy and back (plus tip)
63. Two racoon penis bones from Evolution.
64. This Jeremy Lin poster.
65. The Jersey Shore board game
66. 500 g of USDA Organic Spirulina
67. Nine lego mini figures (series 6, includes statue of liberty!!)
68. The Grater Plater
69. The first season of The Hills on DVD
70. Almost 20 pounds of drop-off laundry
71. An $18.31 donation to Signs & Rhymes
72. One roundtrip ferry boat ride to Liberty and Ellis Islands
73. Four Pi Kappa Alpha window decals
74. One tube of American Apparel lip gloss
75. Judah Friedlander’s book
76. Three new Goosebumps books on Amazon
77. These adorable St. Patrick’s Day pigtail bows
78. Two tickets to a show at UCB
79. Three one-way tickets to Newark on NJTransit, with enough left over for some snacks on the train
80. Two live snapping turtles from Chinatown
81. The Cinemagram app for you and eight friends
82. Tm 103 Hustlerz Ambition
83. Copies of Pokemon Blue and Red out of a Gamestop bargain bin
84. An $18.31 donation to You Are Now Listening To Los Angeles
85. An anti-glare film for your iPod
86. Six whiskey stones
87. Someecards stationary from Urban Outfitters
88. About half a gram of silver
89. One package of bright assorted colored paper at various paper stores
90. Exactly one “Wood Cat Pet Toy Box” from Discount China Wholesale website
91. One share of American Eagle
92. One ticket to see A Thousand Clowns, performed by the cast of Westport Community Theatre in Westport, CT.
93. Two lunches at Whole Foods
94. Six multicolor feather hair extensions
95. This old Tumblr tshirt
96. An $18.31 donation to Obama 2012…
97. …or to Romney 2012
98. Nine space blankets
99. One oversized bow for your head
100. $18.31 paid to the Great Lakes Co against former Local E.I.C. Keyana Steven’s $23,000 student loan debt.