While pizzerias are open practically 24/7 in New York City, sometimes you just crave Bagel Bites. But there’s no reason to go buy the frozen ones from the grocery store when we also live in a city with the only good bagels in the world. Homemade pizza bagels take 25 minutes tops and are more filling than Bagel Bites (come on, we all know a full box of those is actually one serving).
These make the perfect snack or meal for that awkward hour and a half break you have between class because you got closed out of the class you really wanted. They’re also a good emergency dinner for when you just don’t have time to think about what you’re eating because analyzing a media crit essay is more important. They are the perfect midnight snacks for drunchies.Ingredients: 1/2 dozen bagels
- Slice bagels in half.
- Place bagels on cookie sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce on bagel, avoid the center hole.
- Shred or slice mozzarella cheese.
- Place on top of sauce, avoiding the center hole again.
- Put it oven or toaster for 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until cheese browns.
- Let cool otherwise it’ll be just like eating a slice of regular pizza and you’ll end up with the roof of your mouth burnt.
If you have leftovers:
- Let leftover pizza bagels cool completely.
- Wrap each individually in tin foil.
- Place in freezer bag.
- Put in freezer.
- Take out next day and let thaw for 5 minutes.
- Put it oven, toaster, or microwave for 5 minutes until the cheese begins to bubble.