Finals are finally here, so you know what that means right?! Gallatin kids get to go home on vacation super early. As if not having work all year round wasn’t enough to make you hate them, your friends in Gallatin always make it home weeks before Christmas while you have to sit in Bobst as the snow falls. So to have a little innocent finals fun, we decided to craft a list of the 50 best Gallatin concentrations (“not majors!”) that people have yet to think of (as far as we know).
1. Tik Tok: A study of Ke$ha and Artisan Clock Manufacturing
2. Strategery: Politics in the Bush Years
3. Labiaplasty: A Study Through Interpretive Dance
4. Null: The Imaginary and Its Education
5. Mrs. Pacman: Performativity and Gender Politics in Heteronormative Arcade Games
7. Celebrity Culture: How to Like, Get Famous
8. Fortune Cookie Pinata: An Inquiry into Chinese-Mexican Heritage in America as Studied Through Pop-Culture and Food
9. Keyboard Cat Sluts: the Study of YouTube Cat Videos with Concern to Gender Roles
10. Harmonies in the wind: How Para-Sailing Is Like Music
11. ‘minimalism’: the ‘art’ of using single quotation marks and small letters.
12. Trans-species/Non-verbal Communication: As Studied Through Cats and Humans Staring at Each Other (with a concentration in sustainable agriculture)
13. Journalism: But Like The Idea Of It
14. Exotic Feathers, North American Tweets: Ornithologys Influnce on New Media
15. Cunning Linguistics: Public Speaking and Pubic Eating Out.
16, Maddi-ology: Student Contempt at NYU
17. [Insert Major Here]: The Study Of The Typical, Less Interesting American College Experience
18. Wingardium LeviHOsa: Harry Potter Fan Fiction as and the sexual objectification of Emma Watson
19. There’s An App For That: the commercialization of individuality
21. Theoretical Genocide
22. Nickelodeon in the 90′s: What Happened?
23. Disney and child stars: What Happens?
24. Water-based Sexuality: Fluidity During College
25. Body Products and You: How our Post Modern World Meditates our Relationships with our Body
26. Textiles and Cherubic Imagery: Pre-Industrial Kanyaic Fixations
27. Mo Money Mo Problems: Comparative Hip Hop Economics
28. Cheeto Dusted Fingertips: A Study of Being Stuck in Adolescence
29. Play Freebird!: An Examination of Rock History and Douchebags in The Crowd
30. Pancakes and Their Metaphysical Implications: With a Focus in Syrup
31. 5 Buck Chuck: the Economic Implications of Trader Joe’s Wine Shop on My Wallet
32. Pacifying Poultry: Negotiating a lasting peace for Angry Birds
33. Blue Steel: Modeling in the Industrial Revolution
34. i am teh haxx0rz lolz n00bz: Translating and Understanding The Language of Gamers
35. Scarves: the Art of Draping Things Around Your Neck
36. Save the Trees, The Musical: Environmental Studies with Extreme Emphasis on Musical theatre
37. Politics of Pandora: Study of The Tribal Government in “Avatar” and the Blue Boobies too
38. Flip Cam Cinema: Making Short Movies with Shorter Cameras
39. Gchat Etiquette: the Common Courtesy That You “totes” Need To Know
40. Tartans and the U.S.: Why do only some states and cities have their own tartan patterns?
41. The Money Shot: Fashion Documentary for Profit
42. Julian Assange Studies: Condemning Governments and Having Sex Without Condoms
43. Bratz Dolls: Developmental Psychology Through the Lens of Materialism
44. The Art of Surprise
45. Nicki Minaj: Being A Motha’ Fuckin’ Monsta’ and Having a Giant Ass
46. CAS: Understanding Your Uncreative Peers
47. Febreze: Covering Up Bad Smells
48. The Breakfast Club: Cooking Oats and 80′s Rom-Coms
49. We Didn’t Start The Fire: Starting Minor But Still Inconvenient Fires In NYU Academic Buildings
50. Poor People Stuff